First Presbyterian Church is deeply involved with numerous community programs and has been instrumental in founding many of them. Some of our partnerships are with the Viola Startzman Free Clinic, Habitat for Humanity, People to People Ministries, as well as Wee Care Day Care for children.
Who We Are Today
The First Presbyterian Church of Wooster is a covenant community on a spiritual journey in response to what God has done for us in Christ. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we join together to:
- Worship God.
- Strive to be a nurturing community where all who want to be disciples of Christ feel welcome.
- Invite people to join others in working together, studying and growing in faith.
We go forth into the world to:
- Proclaim the good news of God’s grace.
- Minister in Christ’s name to those in need.
- Work for justice, reconciliation, and peace.
The First Presbyterian Church congregation reflects the diversity of the Wooster community, including traditional and non-traditional families, single people, college students, and many people of seminary experience. This church family strives to be multicultural, intergenerational, and inclusive, welcoming all who seek to follow Jesus Christ. Won’t you consider joining us for Sunday worship or one of our many activities?